Page 1 of 10
El Torcal de Antequera Nature Reserve: Quick facts
- El Torcal de Antequera Nature Reserve covers 1,171 hectares.
- Its rock formations are truly spectacular, many of which recreate shapes and forms that can be interpreted as more recognizable objects (depending upon each person’s imagination!).
- Perfectly formed fossils are visible at several points in the Nature Reserve.
- Human history is long in the area, from ancient burial chambers to Roman roads and open cast mines.
- Height above sea level:between 700 and 1,337 metres.
- El Torcal de Antequera Nature Reserve is strategically located within Andalusia.
- The “mollete de Antequera” (a type of semi-cooked bap) is famous throughout the south of Spain, and is a perfect complement for breakfast.