Page 1 of 10
The Natural Park of Sierra de Aracena: Quick facts
- It is located on the northernmost area of the province of Huelva, bordering with Portugal to the west and the province of Badajoz to the north.
- It covers 184,000 hectares, of which 60% is protected thanks to its natural and cultural heritage.
- Height above sea level:460 – 962.
- Its most famous product, and a reference point throughout the world, is its cured ham, most famously from the village of Jabugo.
- Many of its gentle and scenic walking routes are vestiges of ancient paths connecting the different villages within the Natural Park.
- It has over 1,000 kilometres of paths and tracks.