Page 1 of 10
The Natural Park of Montes de Málaga: Quick facts
- It is the only Natural Park in Andalusia located within a provincial capital (97% belongs to the city of Malaga).
- It presently covers 4,900 hectares.
- It has 150 km of paths and tracks, most of which are prohibited to motor vehicles.
- Height above sea level: 97 – 1,031 metres.
- El Lagar de Torrijos is a former working farm that now opens to the public to demonstrate a past linked originally to grape growing and wine production, and then to olive tree farming and oil pressing.
- There are a number of gastronomic dishes related to the Natural Park, as are some of the most famous varieties of sweet wine grape.