Page 1 of 10
The Natural Park of Sierra de las Nieves: Quick facts
- The Natural Park of Sierra de las Nieves is classified as a Natural Protected Area of Andalusia, and a UNESCO biosphere reserve.
- It covers 681 square kilometres.
- It is located in the province of Malaga, one of the most mountainous provinces in Spain, and within the wider Ronda mountain range.
- The highest peak is Torrecilla, measured at 1.919 metres, is just under 600 metres taller than Scotland’s Ben Nevis.
- The name Sierra de las Nieves comes from the Spanish word for snow, which was once present all year round.
- The chestnut is one of the most famous local products.