Page 1 of 9
The Sierra Norte de Sevilla Natural Park: Quick facts
- The Sierra Norte de Sevilla Natural Park covers 177,484 hectares.
- It is the third largest of the Natural Parks in Andalusia in terms of surface.
- Height above sea level:between 82 metres (the Melonares reservoir) and 959 metres (the La Capitana peak).
- 2,000 of the 2,500 types of fungus are found between this Natural Park and that of Aracena, representing the greatest diversity in Europe.
- The Cerro del Hierro is a natural monument and a climber’s paradise: its highly original shape is partly due to erosion, partly due to mining.
- One of the best known local products is “anis”, an alcoholic liqueur served in local bars and cafés.
- The Natural Park is home to one of the old converted railway lines (“Vías Verdes”), perfect for gentle cycling through attractive scenery.